While 2016 was busy killing all of our favourite celebrities, we were busy improving Viostream. As we embark on a brighter and better 2017, we are ready to kick the year off with a few new features recently added.
Here are three features that will take your videos to the next level...
New Player design
More robust and improve user experience for viewers everywhere than it’s predecessor, the video player will intelligently switch between HTML5 and Flash within a single playlist, fully responsive and offers improved features
- A built in preview mode to test any video in your account
- Option to show title and description before playing the video
- Playlist enhancements – such as the ability to display the playlist below or to the right of the hero video
- Four chaptering options to choose from – timeline, drop down, and either large or small horizontal tabs
- Interactive transcripts – allowing viewers to search keywords within the video text
*Contact your Client Services Manager to enable the new player on your account*
Collections allows for embedding multiple playlists to display in a single video player. In essence, you can publish your video library within your site!
We recommend publishing playlists to maximise engagement over your videos. With the enhanced feature of collections not only improving the look and feel it also keeps viewers engaged and improves UX on your website.
- Collection playlists can sit at the bottom or to the right of the hero video with an easy drop down menu to allow viewers to easily toggle between collections
- New adaptive palette that will inherit colours and fonts from your existing website to keep your content on brand
Webcast Event Template
The Webcast event template allows for the management, publishing, and production of live and on demand broadcast from your Viostream account. Maximise interactivity during your live webcast by enabling live engagement tools such as live chat, polls, social media feeds and more.
Live event sites are managed in three stages to provide the online audiences an optimised live viewing experience.
- Pre Event
- During event
- Post Event
Event states utilise a master template in which content relevant to each state can be configured in advance from within the console. Admins can set basic information such as event information and speaker bios. An option to enable viewer registration is also available to secure access to your webcast, and enabling commenting or social media feeds will improve viewer engagement during the live event
Once the event has finished, quickly turn your broadcast for on demand viewing. Or for accounts without the Viostream Live module, you can utilise the On-Demand webcast event template for on-demand publishing.