Widgets allow you include additional functionality from third party application integrations directly into your event template.
- Viostream media embed
- Twitter follow button
- Twitter user timeline
- Custom launch button
If you are using a third party solution that provides an embed option which is not available in Viostream. Let us know and we are investigate building the integration.
There are 3 different locations for widgets in an event template
- Tab: This will appear as its own tab in the set of tabs below the player
- Below tabs: This will appear below the tabs set
- Right column: This will appear in the right column below the comments component
Each widget has its own configurable list of parameters. When you select a widget its parameters will appear on the right.
Each widget will have a title field. The title will display an optional heading before the widget in the template (except the tab location which has a mandatory title as it serves as the tabs title).
Parameters can be used to personalise the widget. They often include things like identifiers, dimensions and titles.
The above example is the Viostream media embed widget. It requires a mediaid which is a reference to your media item inside Viostream.
For each widget the description below the drop down will provide additional information for what is required for each parameter.
Adding widgets to an event template
- Select SITES from the top menu.
- Using the dropdown titled Sites in the top left; select Events.
- Choose from the list the event you wish to use widgets with.
- In the event details page click the WIDGETS tab.
- Choose the location you wish to configure a widget for.
- Using the dropdown select the widget you wish to use.
- Selecting a widget will populate its description/instructions below and parameters to the right
- Following a widgets instructions will allow your to populate the parameter values that appear to the right of the dropdown