Today version 7.1.6 of Viostream was deployed to production. This release primarily contains optimisations for the Event template, but also contains behind the scenes work for the new notification inbox and email service which is due next release.
- For events with slides, the default layout will now render the video large and the slides small. The Switch View button can be used to toggle their size, and is now always in view.
- For events without slides, the right column will display next to the play such that the right column widget can render next to the video (e.g. for live questions to be more accessible during the event).
- Forgot email function implemented for event viewers, registration form condensed allowing toggle between registration and sign in.
- Events have a Display title in addition to their regular title. The display title will appear anywhere the audience sees it, where as the regular title will appear in the Viostream console.
- Skip to content accessibility links added on the event template.
- Link and alt text fields for header images added.
- Summary field character limits increased
- Additional classes added to elements for better CSS manipulation
- Speaker Bios tab renamed to Speakers
- Option to truncate description text in the playlist and player details pane.
We have made the process of adding third party widgets to your webcast easier and more secure.
No more messing around with cumbersome embed scripts. widget integrations allows you to select your widget from a list of available widgets, enter some basic parameters (e.g. username or id, width, height) click apply, immediately the widget will appear on your webcast.
If you are looking for this feature, you will notice that the widget section in the TEMPLATES tab of events has moved into a new tab called WIDGETS.
Further documentation about using this feature, and the available widgets can be found here.
We will be adding more widgets over time. If you are looking for something specific let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Notification inbox / email service
Coming next release a new notification inbox and email service will go into beta testing. You will start to see some of the groundwork for this as a part of this release.
- All existing Viostream emails have been redesigned and will be delivered through a new more robust email service.
- When importing slides/timings from a live media item to an on demand media item, the slides/timings will now copy instead of moving. Which means you can import them into as many media items as necessary.
- User tracking for live media items fixed
- Slide sync fallback to manual delay has been fixed