Today version 7.2.0 of Viostream was deployed to production. This release contains a number of exciting new features.
In app / email notifications
Open beta for notifications begins today. That means that you already have it turned on for your account. Hopefully you found the link to this blog in there...
In the horizontal navigation you will notice a slightly different bell icon:
The is called the Notification Inbox and it is where you will find all notifications received by your Viostream account. Each notification you receive will also be sent to you via email. You can control which notifications you receive emails for in the User Settings menu.
On launch the following notifications have been implemented
- Media ready: Once you upload a media file, we will let you know when it has finished processing and is ready to watch.
- Media pending review by admins: When one of your users uploads a media file, we will let your account admins know when it is finished processing and is ready for their review.
- Media approval/reject for contributors/UGC viewers: Once your account admin has reviewed your media file we will let you know the outcome of their decision.
- Registration pending review by admin: If you have approval turned on for your site registration we will let your account admins know when a user has registered to view your content.
- Comments pending review by admin: If you have approval turned on for your site we will let you your account admins know when a user has left a comment.
- System messaging: Message from Viostream (like this one).
Over time we will be adding notifications for more events, so keep and eye on your Notification Inbox
For more information on using Notifications please see these articles
This exciting new feature allows you to upload and distribution 360 videos in Viostream. Below is an example of this feature in action.
To enable 360 for a given video, turn on the 360 video toggle in the details tab of your media item.
Starting today we are looking for beta users for this exciting new functionality.
Upon request Amazon Web Service S3 (Simple Storage Service) credentials can be provisioned for your account such that you can upload media that will be automatically processed into Viostream.
Accessing S3 is a very similar experience to using FTP; most FTP clients will support accessing S3.
The represents an excellent solution for:
- Uploading large media files
- Uploading multiple media files
- Integrating Viostream with your own applications
For expressions of interest, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developer API Endpoints
We have launched 4 new API endpoints and expanded 2 existing endpoints.
The new endpoint provide full write capability for Channels (Create new, Edit existing, Add/Remove Media, Delete existing).
Both media endpoints (media list, media item) have been expanded to allow additional information to be requested. Doing so will return processing media items as well as those that are ready to play.
API documentation is available here - https://api.app.viostream.com/V3/sandbox/ui/index
These changes will better serve those integrating Viostream with their own applications.
Out of beta
The new Viostream player is now officially out of beta. It brings with it a host of new features and functionality:
- HTML5 first experience
- Redesigned look and feel
- Fuller featured playlist and chaptering functionality
- 100% responsive interface
- 360 video support
- Embeddable collections
- Easy previews of media, channels and collections
- Easy migration (existing players are upgraded, old links and embed automatically redirect
Your customer service representative will be in touch shortly to discuss your zero-touch migration plan. If you cannot wait please reach out to email@example.com.
The new super channel is ready to come out of beta. This feature lets you create a channel of channels and is used to drive multi channel sites.
With the new player Collections are also embeddable (see video below).
- Loading a broadcast event now shows the last slide changed and not the first in the deck.
- Loading a non-broadcast event now shows no slide until one is changed.
- Intermittent slide upload error.
- Right column widget unable to be saved.
- Tab widget has been fixed for responsive content.
- Multiple CTAs have incorrect sizing.