It's possible to modify a closed caption file, even after it has been published or provided from a third party (i.e video to text service).
How to modify a closed caption file
- Download the closed caption file (.VTT) Go to the media asset and select the accessibility tab. Click on the closed caption file, select the Download VTT
- Open an all purpose text and code editor (i.e Text Wrangler, Text Edit)
- Modify the text lines only (Please note: you can corrupt the file if you modify the time stamp codes)
- Once you've completed the modifications, select 'save as', enter the filename and add .srt. For example, the UpdatedFile.srt
- Re upload the file to the media asset