To add closed captions to a media asset:
- Go to the Media Asset DETAILS page
- click the ACCESSIBILITY tab
click Upload Captions to display your browser
locate your captions file
Once uploaded, the closed captions will be listed under Captions.
Your closed captions source file can be either in SRT or VTT file format.
You can add multiple closed caption files. For example, adding closed captions for different languages on a media asset.
Changing the title and language metadata for the captions
- Click the closed captions title under Captions to display the edit dialog box
- edit the Title - this appears on the player when the user selects the Closed Captions button
- edit the language - this is the subtitle language in ISO 639-1 two letter code format ('en' for English)
- click Save.
By default, the title of your captions is the filename of your SRT file. Since the title displays in the player we recommend changing the closed captions title.
Common practice is to use the closed caption language as the title, e.g. English. The title is particularly important if you have multiple closed caption tracks.
Previewing your closed captions
Click the CC icon on the preview player
click the Play icon display your captions in the player.
Viewing or downloading the captions file in VTT (Video Text Tracks) format
- Click the closed captions title under Captions
- click Download VTT to display the captions file.
Closed captions play on mobile devices that support soft-captions (iOS 6+, Android 4.3+)