Geo-blocking in Viostream gives you the ability to control who can see your online content based on your viewer's geographical location. To set up a geo-blocking profile:
- Go to the Accounts drop down menu by clicking the link below your user name on top right corner
- Select MANAGE THIS ACCOUNT from the Accounts drop down
- Select the RESTRICTION PROFILES.
- Click Create new profile
- Enter a title for the new restriction profi
- Click Create
- Select Geo-Blocking to display a drop down list of all countries
- Do you want all countries to be unrestricted in the geo blocking profile? This means that all countries will have access to your site.
- IF YES: click again on Geo-Blocking to display All countries (Unrestricted) in the field then go to step 9
- IF NO: scroll through the list and select each of the countries you want to give access to. When you click on a country to select it, the name of the country is added to the field:
Click on the (X) to remove the country from the field.
- Select close (X).
Your media asset will only be available to the countries selected while creating the profile. If you do not select any country, you content will be available to all the countries.
Updating a profile
- Look through the list of profiles to locate the profile you want to edit.
- Click Rename to display the popup
- Enter a new profile name
- Click Update.
Deleting a profile
- Look through the list of profiles to locate the profile you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button to display the popup
- Click OK.