Syndication connectors are used to connect Viostream to your Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts. You must have an account with Facebook, Twitter or YouTube to add a connector and make it available to your account.
Adding a syndication connector
- Go to the account you want the connectors to be available in
- Select ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT to display the number of social connectors currently added to your account in the social connector widget
- Click the SOCIAL CONNECTORS widget to display available social connectors or already added social connectors
- Click the social connector's icon you want to add to display the authorisation window
- Log in to the account of the selected social connector. You are now accessing the third party site and authorising the Viostream application to access your account
- Click the Authorize app button
- Follow the prompts on the third party site to authenticate your account and set any available options
- Once the account has been authenticated, a message is displayed in the SOCIAL CONNECTORS tab, indicating that the selected account is ready to connect
- Click Connect to display your new syndication connector in the Connected Accounts list.
The connector is now displayed on the SOCIAL CONNECTORS tab for all media assets in this account.
To find out more about syndicating media assets refer to [Syndicate your media assets].
Removing a syndication connector
- Select Manage my account from the Accounts drop down
- Click the SOCIAL CONNECTORS tab
- Click the syndication page connector link
- Click Delete to remove the social connector.
The connector is removed from the Connected Accounts list and will no longer be available to users in the media asset SOCIAL CONNECTORS tab.
Removing the syndication connector does not remove syndicated content from the third party sites.
Sometimes syndication connectors can become disconnected. If you see a Reconnect button beside a connector in the Connected Accounts list, you need to click the button to reconnect. Follow the [Adding a syndication connector instruction].