Types of restrictions
- Domain whitelisting
- IP address restrictions
- Geo-blocking by country
Domain whitelists prevent an asset from being embedded in unauthorised websites by allowing an admin user to create whitelists of authorised domains, and assign them to assets.
How it works
An Admin user must first create the domain whitelists. Multiple domains can be added to a single whitelist.
- Select MANAGE THIS ACCOUNT from the Accounts drop down
- Select DOMAIN WHITELISTS
- Click Create new domain whitelist to display the popup
- Enter a name for the new whitelist
- Click Create
- Click on the newly created whitelist
- Under Add a domain: type the domain name that should be whitelisted and click Add
- Repeat step 5 for any additional domains that should be whitelisted.
Second, an Admin or Publisher user assigns the whitelists to the asset. Multiple whitelists can by assigned to a single asset.
- On the MEDIA tab, select the asset you want to whitelist
- On the EMBED tab, click into the Domain Whitelists field
- Start typing the name of the whitelist name, or select a whitelist name from the dropdown
- Repeat step 3 if you want to assign more whitelists
- Insert the embed code into a page on one of the whitelisted domains.
- If the embed code is placed into a domain that has not been whitelisted, a 404 Not Found error will be displayed.
- Whitelisting Live assets is also supported.
- Only a single-asset embed is supported. Channel embeds are not supported. Note that the Domain Whitelists field does not appear on the Channel embed screen.