The chaptering feature lets you bookmark your video so that you viewers can easily seek to different points in the videos. This gives your viewers more control over how they watch videos.
Enabling chapters on a player
- Go to PLAYERS in the horizontal menu
- Select the player for which you wish to enable chaptering
- In the player details page click the CHAPTERS tab
- Use the switch to enable chapters
There are 4 different chaptering styles you can use on your player. Use the radio buttons to select a style.
The timeline style appears as dots along the videos progress bar. When you mouse over each dot it will tell you the name of the chapter. Clicking it will seek the viewer to its corresponding part of the video.
The dropdown style presents a dropdown menu below the player. The dropdown shows the current chapter and contains all other chapters. Choosing a different item in the dropdown will see the viewer to its corresponding part of of the video.
Horizontal Tabs (small / large)
The large and small horizontal tabs style are functionally the same, but present as a slightly different size.
Use the left and right arrows to scroll through the available chapters. The current chapter is highlighted, and clicking on any chapter will see the viewer to its corresponding part of the video.
Custom colour pallete
By default the chaptering interface will inherit the colours set for the player. Selecting to use a custom colour palette allows you to define specific colours for each element of the chaptering interface
|Marker||Timeline only||This the colour of the dot that appears in the video progress bar.|
|Text Default||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the text for chapters that are not the current chapter, nor being moused over.|
|Text Hover||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the text for the chapters that is being moused over.|
|Text Active||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the text for the current chapter.|
|Background Default||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the background for chapters that are not the current chapter, nor being moused over.|
|Background Hover||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the text for the chapters that is being moused over.|
|Background Active||Horizontal Tabs only||Colour of the background for the current chapter.|
Adding chapters to a media item
- Go to MEDIA in the horizontal menu
- Select the media for which you wish to add chapters
- In the media details page click the CHAPTERS tab
- To add a new chapter
- Enter the hh:mm:ss points to set the cue point
- Enter the chapter title
- Click Add
- To edit an existing chapter
- Click on the time or title of the chapter you wish to edit
- Its details will be populated in the fields at the bottom of the list
- Make your necessary changes
- Click Add
- To delete a chapter
- Click on the delete icon
- You will be asked to confirm
- Click Yes