Interactive transcripts present the viewer its associated caption file as a transcript.
It allows the viewer to:
- Click on specific words in the transcript to seek to the corresponding part of the video
- Follow the narrative or story by seeing the corresponding text highlight as the video speaks to it.
- Search the transcript for keywords and seek to the corresponding part of the video.
Enabling interactive transcripts on a player
- Click PLAYERS in the horizontal menu
- Select the player for which you wish to enable interactive transcripts
- Click the INTERACTIVE TRANSCRIPTS tab
- Use the switch to enable interactive transcripts
- Choose the position to display interactive transcripts on your player
When using playlists inconjunction wtih interactive transcripts only one player function can appear in either right or below. If both are used they will assume alternate positions.
- Click Apply
Interactive transcripts with chapters
When used together chapters will appear inside the interactive transcript dividing the captions into appropriate sections.
Adding a caption to your video
For a player to display an interactive transcript the media item it is playing must have captions configured.
Previewing interactive transcripts
- Click MEDIA in the horizontal menu
- Select the media item with captions you wish to preview with an interactive transcript
- Click the DISTRIBUTION tab
- Click to open the distribution URL.