A playlist defines how a player will present a channel of media. By default a player will use a native inset playlist.
Custom playlists allow you to present the items in your channel either on the right or below your video and include supporting information like thumbnail, title, and/or description.
Enabling custom playlists on a player
- Click PLAYERS in the horizontal menu.
- Select the player for which you wish to enable custom playlists.
- Click the PLAYLISTS tab.
- Use the switch to enable custom playlists.
- Choose the position to display interactive transcripts on your player.
When using playlists in conjunction wtih interactive transcripts only one player function can appear in either right or below. If both are used they will assume alternate positions.
- Click Apply.
Showing current media
When using the below position custom playlists provide the option to display information about the media between the player and playlist.
- Use the checkboxes to decide which information you would like to display (Title, Description, or Publish date).
- Click Apply.
Configuring playlist items
These settings let you controls which elements appear in each playlist item. You can choose to display any or all of the following elements:
Custom colour palette
You can define custom colours for the title, description, and background of playlist items. You can define a default, hover (whilst being moused over), and active (the current item) colour for each.
Consider the following:
h3, h4, .v-current-meida, .v-media-heading, .v-media-description, .v-media-date, .v-playlist, .v-media, .v-media-image, .v-media-heading, .v-media-body
Responsive layout rules
Right position playlists
- The playlist will be 400px wide as long as the containing element is greater than 800px.
- If the containing element is less than 800px the playlist will match the size of the player (50/50).
- The playlist will be the same height as the player, which is based on its width.
- Thumbnails are 64px wide unless the containing element is less than 800px in which they become 30% of the playlist width.
Below position playlist
- The playlist will match the width of the player and the player will fill the containing element.
- The playlist height will be enough for 3 thumbnails
Go to Manage your Collection to learn how to publish multiple channels