A watermark is a kind of marker embedded in a video. It is typically used to identify ownership of the copyright of said video. Watermarks may be used to verify the authenticity or integrity of the carrier signal or to show the identity of its owners.
To watermark your videos:
- Select MANAGE THIS ACCOUNT from the Accounts drop down
- Select WATERMARK tab
- Enable Watermark
4. Upload the Watermark image
5. Select a position for the watermark
Position of the image is based on a standard 16:9 video:
6. Select a transparency color
6. Click on Apply
- Watermark can be added only for Video assets.
- Watermark is not supported for 360 videos.
- The transcoding time for a video with watermark is slightly higher than the time it takes to transcode the same video without watermark.
- For best experience, we recommend an original PNG image with Transparent background and the Transparency color to be any color not present in the logo.
Example 1: Opt for a transparent background instead of black
To achieve a transparent background, lets set the Transparency color to black
The background will now be transparent on the video
Likewise, you can choose to make any color in the image transparent.
Example 2: Keep the black background
To keep the black background, use any color that is not present in the image
Once the video is uploaded with the above setting, the logo is watermarked into the video as is
Please contact our Support team for any further queries on Watermark.