Channels are used to organize your Media assets. Viostream customers use Channels to group Media by category, department, or to create a simple Channel playlist to embed on a website.
You can create an unlimited number of Channels, and individual Media assets can be added to multiple Channels.
A consultancy group “ABC Consulting” has a range of Media designed to communicate with their customers and stakeholders on a range of different topics.
They create Channels for their different business streams:
They also create Channels for each partner so they can have their own personal playlists.
Finally, they create a “Featured” Channel which they use to rotate key topical videos to the “Media Updates” page of their website.
Adding a Channel to your account is simple:
- Navigate to Channels on the menu bar
- Click on New Channel.
- Create a name for the Channel
- Click Create.
- (recommended) Add a thumbnail to the Channel
Adding Media to a Channel
The quickest way to add Media to a Channel is from the Channel itself.
- From the Channels Library, locate the Channel you wish to update and click on its title
- Select the Contents tab
- Click the Add Media button
- Select the Media you wish to add to the Channel
- Click Save